IT Security Specialist
April 2008 – present
Responsible for the policy, execution, network security, and maintenance of client servers and web sites. Interaction on a daily basis with clients, network security engineers, project managers, and upper-level executives.
- Setting up and maintaining servers, databases, networks, firewalls, IDS/IPS, and ensuring those services are set up in agreement with best practices and legal/auditing policies
- Monitoring client networks for unauthorized access and malicious activities via SIEMs
- Mitigating intrusions and network attacks (DDoS) on client’s servers
- Assisting with incident response in the capacity of containment and eradication of network intrusions and the propagation of ransomware on networks and hosts
- Audit and enforce IT processes to ensure consistent, well-integrated application structures in full ISO 27002 compliance
Senior Interactive Designer
September 2001 – March 2008
Designed and maintained Staples day-to-day online events. Created solutions that provided a consistent and friendly shopping experience while allowing for each web page’s visuals, iconography, and copy needs.
- Created email and web templates to be used across all business platforms
- Worked with other designers to oversee integrity of the email and web templates
- Oversaw the re-branding of existing online designs including web site, collateral, email promotions, etc.
Networks: Virtual Networking, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN / WAN, routers & switching, IP Addressing and sub-netting, Cisco networking, Firewalls, Wireless Networking, and Amazon Web Services
Operating Systems: Windows 10 Pro, Mac, Linux (CentOS, FreeBSD, Ubuntu, BackTrack 5 and Kali Linux), and Cisco IOS
Virtualization Software: VMWare Workstation and Oracle VBox
Security Utilities: Nmap/Zenmap, Metasploit, John the Ripper, WireShark, IPS/IDS
Digital Forensics: FTK Imager, Arsenal Image Mounter, PEiD, RegShot, Attack Surface Analyzer, Procexp, ProcMon, Malware Analysis
SIEMs: AlienVault and Splunk
Bachelor of Science Degree in Cyber Security (2018)
Champlain College, Burlington, VT