Network Security Administrator
April 2008 – present
Responsible for the policy, execution, network security, and maintenance of client servers and web sites. Interaction on a daily basis with clients, network security engineers, project managers, and upper-level executives.
- Setting up and maintaining servers, databases, networks, firewalls, IDS/IPS, and ensuring those services are set up in agreement with best practices and legal/auditing policies
- Monitoring client networks for unauthorized access and malicious activities via SIEMs
- Mitigating intrusions and network attacks (DDoS) on client’s servers
- Assisting with incident response in the capacity of containment and eradication of network intrusions and the propagation of ransomware on networks and hosts
- Teaching individuals who are new to networking, the basic security concepts to help them learn a secure web experience
Senior Interactive Designer
September 2001 – March 2008
Designed and maintained Staples day-to-day online events. Created solutions that provided a consistent and friendly shopping experience while allowing for each web page’s visuals, iconography, and copy needs.
- Created email and web templates to be used across all business platforms
- Worked with other designers to oversee integrity of the email and web templates
- Oversaw the re-branding of existing online designs including web site, collateral, email promotions, etc.
Networks: Virtual Networking, TCP/IP, LAN / WAN: Routers, IP Addressing and Sub-netting, Cisco Routing and Switching, Wireless Networking
Operating Systems: Windows10 Pro, Mac, Linux (CentOS, FreeBSD, Ubuntu, BackTrack 5 and Kali Linux), and Cisco IOS
Virtualization Software: VMWare Workstation and Oracle VBox
Security Utilities: Nmap/Zenmap, Metasploit/Meterpreter, John the Ripper, and WireShark
Digital Forensic: FTK Imager, CamStudio, Arsenal Image Mounter
SIEMs: AlienVault and Splunk
Champlain College, Burlington, VT
Bachelor of Science Degree in Cyber Security (class of 2018)
Bunker Hill Community College, Charlestown, MA
Associates of Science Degree in Information Technology Security (2016)